7th Robinsons Fit & Fun Buddy Run

My dad is a running enthusiast who is actually a barefoot runner. He regularly joins many of the fun runs conducted in the Philippines. You can read his blog posts about running in Trails Unlimited.



This past weekend, the two of us joined thousands of other runners as Robinsons Supermarket celebrated its 7th Fit & Fun Wellness Buddy Run at the Bonifacio Global City (BGC) in Taguig. The activity encourages everybody to participate and promote health and wellness of the body as well to stay in shape. This time around though, they required that you and a buddy participate so you can both start and finish the race as a pair. Since I also enjoy running, my Dad encouraged me to join him in the 10k category.

It was my second time running 10k in an actual race. Unfortunately, since school has already started last month, I didn't have enough time to train for this particular run. Right before gun start, my first thoughts was that it was going to be a tough race for me. 

I was right. After running the first 3k, as we were running uphill at the Kalayaan Bridge, the exertion took a toll on my legs because I wasn’t accustomed to running on an upward slope. At 5k, the pain started to take over. 


After crossing the U-turn checkpoint, my legs couldn’t bear it anymore so I started walking. Even though I haven’t had any problems enduring my cardio, the pain in my legs kept me from running. Regardless, I still decided to sprint my way out of the pain just to cover the whole 10k distance. It took a while but my Dad and I finished the race together. It was a tough race for a beginner like me and  I realized that I really need more training in order for me to overcome hurdles like this one in future runs.

* Photos courtesy of RARMartinez Fotorun


7th Robinsons Fit & Fun Buddy Run 7th Robinsons Fit & Fun Buddy Run Reviewed by Unknown on 9:37 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.