Theater Review: GODSPELL by MusicArtes Inc.

Like most musicals I’ve watched before, I didn’t know what to expect before watching Godspell by MusicArtes Inc. What I can say though is that it’s quite rare for a stage production to have a strong impact on me but this one was able to deliver that and it would be engraved in my memory for a long time.


Unfortunately, my mom and I arrived late at the show’s opening night in RCBC due to heavy Friday traffic. It cost us one song number at the beginning of the play, which already started 15 minutes past 8PM to accommodate those who got stuck in traffic. Despite the fatigue of a two-hour commute from Alabang (I got down from the bus in Magallanes and ran all the way to Ayala to meet my mom), I soon forgot how tired I was when we started watching Godspell.


It was absolutely enjoyable listening to their songs of worship that were sung in a variety of genres. The solo parts of the songs were divided among the actors and each gave them opportunities to shine. All of them are excellent singers and their individual turns to sing brilliantly carried the play. Dances were also well choreographed as they blended so well with each song. Acting and dialogues were also on point, as the script is well written and the actors perfectly fit their roles. A lot of scenes from Act I were very amusing, we definitely had a good time laughing.


Since we arrived late, we had to sit first on the far left side of the loge, where a small portion of the stage was difficult to see. After the intermission, we transferred to our seats in the orchestra where we got to watch the second act.


My mom and I both agreed it would be nice to watch the show again. So, two days after opening night, she bought four tickets and tagged me along again as well as my younger brother and his church friend. Thankfully, since it was Sunday, we arrived early and got good seats at the lodge. I was very glad to see Godspell for the second time and I recommend everyone to watch as well.


Catch this wonderful show on its last weekend this coming June 24 (8PM), June 25 (3:30PM and 8PM), and June 26 (3:30PM). For ticket reservations, call 8958098 or 09175378313. You can also buy tickets through Ticketnet.
Theater Review: GODSPELL by MusicArtes Inc. Theater Review: GODSPELL by MusicArtes Inc. Reviewed by Unknown on 1:21 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.